Die Piggy Piggy Die Die

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ahem! Mr Fartsmith

All of a sudden, I am quite ‘grinny’ these days!
Though work keeps getting more and more of a drab (well I am just saying that to sound all dilberty coz Dilbert is rather nice I say.), I still manage to have a life thanks to dear friends who have taken it upon themselves to show me around their city.
I have been reminded (by more people than one by the by), that I haven’t updated my ‘web-log’ in a long time,so I shall elaborate why. (Please do take note sweethearts that this post is going to be strictly in a Brit-ish accent, oblimey, pertaining to the fact that I am quite a bit of an arse! NICE!)

Oh ruddy, got over that rather quick me ladies, back to normal now.

So here goes why.

Every time I would listen to someone going “Oh Bombay this and oh Bombay that”, I would yawn at the person’s face with ‘There she goes’ playing in my head.
But you see, Bombay is one of those cities, that just grows on you with time and whatever you may think, once you come here, on the condition that you are in the company of friends who know the city, you are bound to get taken in by the many, many things this place tempts you with, just like the excited aunt who bribes her little Mufassa, forcing him to upgrade her status to the much coveted Zazu! Yay, we are gay! And in order to come up with the rather exhaustive list given below, you can say I have been busy.

The ‘MUST DO/VISIT THIS THE MOMENT YOU ARE IN BOMBAY’ list
· Chilly ice cream, chilly ice cream and chillier ice cream at Bachelor’s juice place near Chowpatty.
· Cheese Mysore masala dosa on the roadside below Express Towers
· Aarey Mango lassy again near Express Towers, but it tastes just the same on the million other small shacks you would find this all over Bombay. And once you are forced to have it after lunch everyday, you do develop a taste for it.
· Train ride from Andheri to Grant road and Sion to V.T. (unfortunately much to my chagrin, you can’t do Sion to Grant road ;) )
· Leopold’s on a Saturday when the entire world decides to come to the same place (refer to previous posts for clarity on this!).
· Mondy’s. Okay so this place is called Mondegar’s and till I had actually gone to this place I thought it was so stupid and wannabe to call it Mondy’s but you can see ‘things have changed’.
· Colaba Causeway to get rockstar wristbands, almost as good as Zara boxers, and the long lane for nice conversations
· Marine Drive… on a hot sunny day, under the miserly tree’s shade where you shouldn’t actually sit but anything to extend that lunch break, lassi finishes too fast you see.
· Theomabromas where you get the nicest desserts ever and God help you if you love chocolate.
· Ga(y)teway of India where you would be pimped by your own biyaatch, so beware.
· Bus number 108 which comes once in 28 hours, well not that long actually but it’s the company of the likes of Jun that makes it seem that way!
· Pollyesther on a Wednesday night or Sunday is fine too!
· Oxford bookstore with its cha bar, cha and orange rocking chairs.

It is no truer that a place is the people. And Bombay proves it most beautifully.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Paperslut said...

So basically, you're happy. And by happy, I mean gay. And by gay, I wish to mean lesbian. But, lalalala...

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Pleiades said...

You bitch! You and Jun stay in South Bombay. Who wouldn't like that!! As us poor non-townies :( Sob Sob

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Pleiades said...

That was *ask*, not "as"

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Pleiades said...

Oh, PS: I need to make one of these obligatory newbie i've-spent more-than-a-month-in-Bombay-and-realised-how-it-isn't-such-a-bad-place-after-all a.k.a. the-how-Bombay-Grows-on-you post on my blog pretty soon.

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger shradha said...

I agree I do
Exactly an year ago I was in Bombay letting it spiral all over me
wonder summer

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2006 2:34:00 AM, Blogger Smellygator said...

hey shraddha, good to see you here!
hope you come back soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home